Dream, Believe, Create, Smile
Dream, Believe, Create, Smile – I saw these words cut out in about 3mm plywood in the craft section of a Spotlight store one day. They struck a chord with me and I just felt as though I had to buy them. I had no idea what I was going to do with them at the time, but I did buy them. I brought them home and filed them away for ‘later on’ ….. Several months down the track, I retrieved them from their hiding spots and decided that it was time for me to do something with them.
In the prior few months, I had been having a wonderful time playing with and fine tuning ‘acrylic pouring’. Somewhere along the way, the idea of creating acrylic pours on these words worked its way into my head. I wanted to display them on a wall in my art studio, in just that order – Dream, Believe, Create, Smile 🙂 I also wanted them to be in a group, not just one word after the other.
The colouring within each word needed to stand on its owns merits, but I wanted each word to have differentt colouring as well.
Basic Steps To Complete
Creating these involved just a few steps as follows. Allow to dry fully after each step before proceeding to the next step:
- Sealing the surface, back and front with Jo Sonya’s All Purpose Sealer.
- Add a coat of Gesso to the front surface.
- Create the ‘Acrylic Pour’ layer – messy, but lots of fun 🙂
- Seal the acrylic pour layer with Liquitex Gloss Medium. It goes on cloudy but dries clear with a great sheen to it.
- Paint the back with a layer of acrylic paint that blends in with the colours in the Acrylic Pour.
- Apply a second coat if paint if required.
- Seal the back with the Jo Sonya All Purpose Sealer
- Position and hang on the wall. The ‘words’ are really light weight so I simply added them to the wall using the 3M Velcro Strips – Super Easy and work like a charm 😛
They are position directly on a wall in front of my work station in my art studio. Not only are they great to look at but they ‘speak to me’ when things aren’t going as well as I had planned. I think it is super important that we all have our ‘Dreams’ and that we ‘Believe’ in ourselves. For me, I have a real need to ‘Create’. Family and ‘Creating’ keep me smiling 🙂
Oh, I forgot one step in the above – clean up, once, twice – however many times you need to along the way 😯
You can see other examples of my Acrylic Pour design here in my gallery. You can also purchase my acrylic pours designs on a variety of products from Create Jigsaw Puzzles, Fine Art America and/or Red Bubble.
To anyone reading this blog post, Dream and Believe in yourself, Create (if that’s your thing as well) and Smile. Remembe to “Do What You Love and Love What You Do”